.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; }

Thursday 18 February 2016

Sad Winter Skin? Help may be at hand...

If you've read my previous blog posts you will know I suffer with rosacea.
Rosacea sufferers will tell you that the symptoms can be triggered by many a thing, spicy food, alcohol, skincare products and for me, it's the cold.

As soon as the temperature drops in the UK and the heating goes on, my skin will get red and tiny pustules will pop up all over my cheeks and forehead.
I try not to venture out in the cold too much if it's freezing, but I can't stay in the house forever as I do have a job to go to, so when heading into the frost I try and keep my face as covered as possible.

So what do I use to try and keep that pesky cold air at bay? It's this little magic gel from Dermologica.




The description on the Dermalogica website states "help(s) fortify sensitized skin and a damaged barrier with this velvety, anhydrous (waterless) moisturizer. "
Now first things things, I wouldn't describe this product as a moisturiser, the consistency, I think, is similar to that of a primer - Gel-like and quite thick.



On application the cream has a very velvety texture that moves easily, a little goes along way so do you not need to use a lot of product.
I use this after toning and moisturisering but before makeup. After applying I usually like to try at wait at least a couple of minutes to allow the product to sink in as much as possible.
The thing I am not keen when it comes to the texture is that it seems to sit 'on top' of the skin, so if you are applying a foundation afterwards you feel like it doesn't apply in the same way.

So what does it do? 

Well in theory its meant to create a 'barrier' as the name suggests, between the skin and the outside environment and it also contains an 'UltraCalmingTM Complex to interrupt inflammatory triggers that lead to sensitization.'
Personally, I think its a great idea and anything that helps protect my skin against the extremities is a must for me, due to its sensitive nature.
This is the first cream I've tried that is meant to counteract the cold and so I class it as a necessity in my winter skincare routine.

Overall I do like this product, its not something I use on a daily basis but if the weather is cold I do make sure I apply this in the morning and it does seem to help counteract the redness. The only thing I'm not keen on is the product consistency, for me it is too slippy and makes applying makeup slightly frustrating.
All in all if you have skin that throws a tantrum in the winter, I would definitely recommend giving this a go!

How's your skin in the winter?

Louise.



No comments:

Post a Comment